Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hello!

Hello and welcome to Adventures in jME! This is a blog devoted to my personal struggles with learning Java and using it to make games in the awesome jMonkeyEngine.

I have been interested in game development for years, but mostly dabbled in the art side creating assets or doing some simple scripting in existing games for fun. About 6 months ago I decided to start working on a game. I decided Unity would be a good starting point because of it's ease of use and community. After discovering how many features are really hidden from you until you purchase a professional license, I decided to try my hands at a completely free and open source engine.

I am not a professional programmer. This will probably become readily apparent throughout this blog. I hope that despite my lack of general programming knowledge I can help others over-come the hurdles of learning to program in Java, and get over the nuances of learning to program without schooling in general.

I hope you can stick with me as I pass on what I learn, as I learn it.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment